There’s a big proposal that I should have been working on today, but after three weeks at it, I just couldn’t stand to open the word processor this morning. So, instead, I decided to give a go at redesigning the ol’ weblog. It’s been nearly two and a half years, and with Web 2.0 just around the corner and all, I didn’t want to get caught out.
The site is a mixture of table-based layout and CSS. Couldn’t find anywhere to AJAX anything. Maybe next time. I did the whole thing in about six hours or so, and there are still some rough edges. I’m not sure why sometimes I see an entire shift of the content, resulting in a misalignment of about one pixel, and sometimes I don’t. Maybe some CSS whiz (hint, hint, Makalu staff) can point out what the problem is likely to be.
I like the more open layout of the new design, and I like using the imagery in the masthead. The images are served randomly, so if you refresh the page, that header area should change.
Let me know what you think. Thanks.
Technorati Tags: design, webdev